On September 14, 2007 a Hamilton MT city councilman T-boned a 2006 Dodge quad cap pickup pictured above. Perry Backus refused to cover the accident, because he is paid to write stories that the local government wants, admitted in a Ravalli County Meeting in 2007.
Some professional journalists dont believe that Perry Backus of the Ravalli Republic is scum. What kind of professional refuses to cover a injury accident in Hamilton, MT on the main highway, in broad daylight....well that would be Perry Backus. Need more information on Perry Backus from the Ravalli Republic Hamilton, MT. Why we have this information sourced into a sworn affidavit:
- The correction does not correct the charge of disturbing the peace, or mention the charge specifically.
- The Montana Supreme Court found the day after August 9, 2009 Ravalli Republic article was written: only Perry Baucus thinks he can correct something that happened a day later.
- Peaceful assembly is a 1st Amendment right that reporters like Perry Backus should know, and it should never be reported as trespassing.
- The charge of trespass on public property was not dropped due to the Supreme Court decision.
- Spreadbury was never asked to leave the library, or knowingly violate the rules, which is required by Montana Law MCA 22-1-311 to have rights to enter taken away.
- The Bitterroot Public Library has lost $510,000/yr. in public financing and has been read about on every continent, including 3.6 million to Library Thing website:
Michael E. Spreadbury
We The People of Ravalli County
(this was later modified to $27M due to Perry Backus article above)
A request was made of the State Judge, later the Federal Judge for Perry Backus arrest, allowed by Montana Law for knowingly attacking someone's character.
No one arrested Perry Backus, but I am the only one who tried.